• Proven performance gains for Stage 2 power levels
• 76mm (3 inch) tubing replaces restrictive 60mm factory tubing
• Bolt on fitment - no hassle or poorly fitting parts when you choose IE
• Constructed of 304 stainless long-lasting and high-quality material
• Thick turbo flange - prevents leaks and warping
• High flow 200 cell catalytic converter - full power with reduced pollution and smell
• Metal matrix catalytic structure -
• OEM style flex section - allows for more adjustment and won’t fail
• All inclusive kit - downpipe, midpipes, all hardware
• TIG welded construction - equates to long lasting welds that are less likely to fail
MQB PERFORMANCE DOWNPIPE OVERVIEW
When upgrading your MK7 / MK7.5 or S3 to stage 2 software you will also need to reduce the back pressure caused by the small diameter stock pipe. With the exhaust system flowing better performance gains for Stage 2 power levels can be achieved. Turbo lag should also be reduced as an added benefit.
IE engineers guarantee a perfect fit by designing all IE downpipes in-house using the latest technology. Digital scanning is using to scan the entire environment which ensures that there is proper clearance and that all mounting points are in the correct location. Manufactured from 304 stainless offers a life-long product that brings performance and fun to the table for years to come.
The most power gains will be achieved when the IE Downpipe is paired with IE matching software, air intake, and FDS intercooler.
An aggressive and drone-free sound will be emitted from the IE Cast Downpipe. This should be music to your ears! Thick wall tubing and cast sections remove much of “tinny” sound emitted by cheaper, thin wall, downpipes. With downpipes, you get what you pay for in terms of sounds and overall manufacturing quality.
HIGH-FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER
IE’s performance downpipe includes a high-flow 200 cell per inch metal matrix catalyst located as close to the turbo as possible. Metal matrix catalysts are higher performance because the matrix web is thinner, allowing higher flow in the same size. Our catalyst is also a very large diameter, allowing a large flow area and maximum power. By being placed close to the turbo, emissions and unwanted unpleasant smells are greatly reduced.
DIRECT BOLT-ON WITH PERFECT FITMENT
The IE downpipe replaces over 6 feet of restrictive factory exhaust tubing, all the way back to the OE “Cat-Back” rear section. Sturdy fabricated mounts and precise engineering result in a rattle free and long last replacement exhaust system. 3D scanning systems were employed to ensure perfect placement both in pre and post-production phases.
Installation should be completed by a professional and preferably on an auto lift.
CLICK HERE to view and download the install guide.
Shipping and delivery of products will depend upon availability. We will provide this information to you by marking the products on the Website as:
“In Stock” - This product can be collected from our Australian located warehouse or shipped immediately after we process your order.
“Direct Ship” - This item is sourced from our supplier and we will ship directly to you after we process your order.
“Drop Ship” - This item is sourced from our supplier and will be sent directly from the supplier to your door after the order is processed.
VW Central PTY. LTD. will accept returns for unused products within 14 days from the time that the order was placed. If a product is returned within 14 days of the original purchase date you are eligible for a refund to the original payment method used. Any returns made outside the 14 day return policy time frame may qualify for a VW Central in store credit refund only (Note: Non-stocked items are NOT returnable after 14 days).
The standard warranty policy is 12 months from the delivery date unless otherwise stated. VW Central PTY. LTD. will only warranty manufacturer related defects NOT related to installer error, modiﬁcation, improper use or vehicle failure.
All warranty claims will be resolved at the discretion of VW Central. VW Central should be notiﬁed ﬁrst of all claims in order to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Please make your selection carefully as we are unable to accept products for refund or exchange if you simply change your mind or if you made an incorrect purchases.
Please note our vehicle part finder is designed to be a useful tool to help find parts that fit your vehicle, this part finder should be used as a guide. If you are unsure as to whether a part fits your vehicle, please contact us.
Our supplier allows us to return your purchase within 5 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with the fitment & quality for it's intended model and purpose.
- The item must be still in their original packaging.
- A 20% restocking fee will apply.
- All approved items must be returned to our supplier unopened and unused. - Correct packaging must be used when sending the item back.
- Our supplier will not refund any items that have been damaged during transit during their return to our supplier.
- Once the item has been received back at our supplier in satisfactory condition a refund minus a 20% re-stocking fee will apply. The original shipping cost will not be refunded.
Should you have any questions related to any Maxton Design product, please contact us prior to purchase and our team would be more than happy to assist you.